Sunday, February 20, 2011

Ap Biology Lab Eight Answer 6

Stories - Roald Dahl


[...] In fact, the amount of meat that she had put up the day before was extraordinary. The small sunken chest with all the ribs out was now swollen and round as a barrel, and also the beautiful belly was swollen. Strangely, however, arms and legs seemed to grow proportionately. Always short and skinny, looked like Sticks protruding from a ball of fat.

"Look!" said Albert. "He's putting a little 'of hair on the belly, to keep warm!" He reached out and was about to touch the tip of a finger down the light, soft, of a yellow-brown, which had suddenly appeared on the girl's tummy.
" not touch it! " cried the mother. She turned towards him, sending flashes from the eyes, suddenly, with his neck stretched toward him, looked like a small bird in the act of pugnacious attack him and peck at the eyes, cavarglieli.

"Wait a minute," he said, drawing back.
"You must be crazy!"
"One moment, Mabel, a moment, please, because if you still think that stuff is dangerous ... That 's what you're thinking, right? All right. So is' to hear. Now I'll show a once and for all, Mabel, that royal jelly is absolutely harmless to humans, even in huge doses. For example: Why do you think last year reduced the production of honey has run half the usual? Next, the ' , why? " Two or three

steps back him away from her, and now felt more at ease.
"The reason why last summer we only had half of the production of honey," he was saying meanwhile, lowering his voice, "is just this: I have one hundred of my hives for the production of royal jelly."
" What did you do? "
"Ah!" he hissed. "I knew you'd be stunned. And I did it right under your nose." The eyes never leave her and a semblance of a smile was pursing the corners of the mouth.
"You'll never guess why I did it," he said. "I was afraid to talk because I thought it might be ... '... more or less embarrassed."

He made a short pause. He kept his fingers crossed on the chest and a hand rubbed against each other, raising a slight rub.
"Remember what I read in the magazine? That article on mice? Let's see, how did he say? 'Still Burdett and found that a hitherto male mice unable to procreate
...'" He hesitated, his smile was widening, putting to show the teeth.

"Are you, Mabel? Did you catch me?"
She was silent again, still motionless, there in front of him.

"The first time I read that sentence, Mabel, I jumped in his chair and said to myself: If it worked with a crappy mouse, I said, there is reason why the world should not work with Albert Taylor. "
He paused again, sticking his head forward and turning his ear toward his wife, waiting for him to say something.
But she was silent.

" It is a 'else, Mabel. It made me feel very good now, a real marvel, Mabel, believe me. So different from what it was before I went on to take even after you gave me the good news. Secchi whole "I have brought, buckets and buckets I have jotted down in the past twelve months."

eyes wide and frightened his wife are now slowly moving on the face and throat of her husband. I could not see a patch of skin naked, not even on the sides, under ears. All of my throat, until the party disappeared into the collar of his shirt was completely covered with these yellow-brown short hair as soft as silk, even behind the neck.

"And look," he went on to say, glancing affectionately at his daughter, "what about a little girl would work better than on a grown man like me. After all, just look at it, do not you?"

Slowly, the eyes of a woman dying down and stopped on the child. He was lying naked on the table, fat and white, in almost comatose state, like a giant bee larva is as close to the end of its larval period and is ready to take flight in the world, complete with mandibles and wings.

"Why not cover it, Mabel? You do not want to take a chill to our queen, right?"

From "Stories" by Roald Dahl, Ed Longanesi, 2009, pp. 116-118.

0 comments:

Post a Comment